Family Law: Property and Financial Matters After Separation
This training is provided by Women's Legal Service Victoria. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research shows that women are at greater risk of poverty, and more at risk of post-separation financial hardship, than men. It is essential for women to be aware of their financial rights after separation. This training will provide you with the knowledge on how to identify crucial property and financial legal issues, and support your client throughout the legal process.
Who should attend?
Family Violence Practitioners (specialist and general)
This training includes
- Basic foundation of our legal system – and how this affects lawyers and courts, and can impact on your client
- What critical and urgent legal “red flag” financial issues your client should be aware of at separation
- What the law actually says about financial and property arrangements post separation
- Practical options and referrals available
- What happens if your client wants a change in orders?
What do other participants say?
- “I’ll be able to give women I work with clear, practical and correct advice as to the Family Law proceedings”
- “[A strength of the training was]…Preparing clients for family law matters and managing clients expectations around family law”
- “I will be more informed when supporting my clients. I will be able to prepare my client better for lawyers meetings. I will be able to bust the myths”
Women's Legal Service Victoria