When child protection are involved... guiding and supporting your client
This training is provided by Women's Legal Service Victoria. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your client is involved with child protection, it is essential to have an understanding of how child protection intersects with other legal matters. This training will empower you to provide accurate and timely legal information on child protection to your client, including your client's rights and responsibilities.
Who should attend?
- Practitioners in family violence services
- Practitioners in community and health services
What will you learn?
*This session is co-facilitated with an experienced child protection lawyer
- Overview of our legal system
- How a child protection matter moves through the court, and how to assist and advocate for your clients at each stage of the process
- What the law says about removal of children and best interests of the child
- Practical tips on working together with lawyers, child protection workers and the courts
- Understanding how your client's child protection matter intersects with other legal issues she may be facing
What do other participants say?
- “I have a better knowledge of the Child Protection system”
- “The training was really good, very informative, answered lots of questions and even things I didn’t know I wanted answered”
- “I will be more confident in my role and supporting clients through child protection issues”
Holding Redlich, 555 Bourke Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Women's Legal Service Victoria