Family Violence in an LGBTIQ context
17th May 2018 is International Day against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia (IDOHOBiT).
This WIRE seminar will feature a panel of experts and practitioners to discuss responses to family violence in an LGBTIQ context. Asking all the important questions such as:
- What is family violence?
- How family violence affects the LGBTIQ community?
- What are the type of legal protections and support available?
- What’s been done by the mainstream family violence sector to develop an LGBTIQ inclusive practice?
Julie Kun, WIRE CEO, will be facilitating this lively discussion and our panelists so far include:
- Rebecca Dahl (Senior Associate, Nicholes Family Lawyers)
- Matthew Parsons (Research Operations Manager, the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health & Society, La Trobe University & Research Officer, GLHV@ARCSHS)
- Liam Leonard (Director, GLHV@ARCSHS, La Trobe University)
- A Safe Steps representative
WIRE Women's Information, 372 Spencer Street, West Melbourne
This is a free event
WIRE Women's Information