Preventing and Responding to Sexual Harm in the Tertiary Education Sector
Respect. Prevent. Respond.
This conference is part of Deakin University's Respect. Now. Always (RNA) initiative, with the aim to gather those that have been involved with similar activities within their respective institutions to share ideas, broaden understanding and to create opportunities for sector wide collaboration in the elimination of sexual harm in the Higher Education, VET and TAFE sectors.
Who should attend?
- Education sector psychologists, counsellors and social workers
- Campus services and facilities personnel
- Equity and diversity practitioners
- International student support managers
- Student's right officers/advocates; student engagement personnel
- Primary prevention personnel
- Respectful relationships educators
- Residential college and accommodation services staff
- Safer community advisors and managers
The first day of the conference will be focused on the prevention of sexual harm, while the second day will have a focus on responding to sexual harm. We will see a diverse range of presenters that will bring different perspectives and develop your understanding on the multi-disciplinary nature to addressing sexual assault and sexual harassment.
This conference is broader than just the RNA initiative, and we hope that it will provide a forum for academics and researchers to showcase their work, reaching audiences that have a keen interest in literature, science or evidence-based practices.
Deakin Downtown, Melbourne
Early bird registration (prior to 30 November 2018): $495
Standard registration (after 30 November 2018): $550