The Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria (DVRCV) will be delivering CRAF Risk Assessment Training (Practice Guide 2) and CRAF Specialist Training (Practice Guide 3) sessions over the coming year in all regions of Victoria. This training is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services and is free of cost to all participants.
Locations, dates & registration
For full location and date information please go to the CRAF Training page on the DVRCV website
This training assists professionals who work with victims of family violence and play a role in initial risk assessment, but for whom responses to family violence are not their only core business. This training is for professionals who are:
- a maternal and child health nurse
- a general practitioner
- a teacher
- a health care provider, for example, in a primary health, emergency or hospital setting
- working for a telephone helpline
- a HACC worker
- a disability service worker
- working in a mediation centre
- working in Centrelink
- a member of Victoria Police
- work in court settings
- work in a community legal centre
- work in a child protection context
- work in housing and homelessness services
CRAF Risk Assessment training is a half day (4 hours) with morning tea provided.
This training is aimed at family violence professionals who work with women and children who are victims of family violence. Practitioners will have advanced skills in engaging clients around family violence matters, safety planning and case management. These professionals have family violence responses as a designated part of their job role, or work in specialist family violence services. This training is for professionals who work within:
- specialist women`s family violence services
- men`s behaviour change programs
- family violence counselling
- a specialist family violence accommodation service
- specialist family violence courts
CRAF Specialist training is a full day (7 hours) and is catered.
Need more information?
For further information contact the DVRCV team on Ph. 9486 9866 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.