Family Violence Best Practice Short Course
This training is provided by Relationships Australia Victoria. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recognising the needs of the family violence workforce, this course equips workers with knowledge and practical skills for responding to victims/survivors of family violence, including children, as well as an understanding of perpetrator characteristics, attitudes and behaviours. The training provides information on current industry trends, standards and expectations along with opportunities to learn and practice new skills in a safe and supportive environment.
Key course outcomes
Participants will gain:
- an understanding of the prevalence of family violence, including current issues and trends
- knowledge of the impacts of family violence on victims/survivors, including children
- awareness of the characteristics, attitudes and behaviours of perpetrators
- skills for working with victims/survivors, while keeping the needs of children as a central focus
- a framework of practical steps to assess, manage and report risk
- strategies for monitoring and maintaining self-care to enable sustainable practice.
Who should attend?
Counsellors wishing to enhance their skills to work with clients impacted by family violence.
Relationships Australia Victoria - 1183 Toorak Road, Camberwell, VIC
$620 including GST.