Family Violence is a Workplace Issue (Melbourne)
Do you work in management, human resources or a leadership role? You may not have considered family violence training is for you, but family violence is making an impact on your organisation’s performance, and your employees’ wellbeing.
This full-day training will give you the skills and knowledge you need to understand the impact of family violence, recognise and respond to staff who are experiencing family violence, understand the limitations of your role, and develop workplace policies to support staff.
We can also tailor this training to suit your organisation’s needs, including a half-day version of this training. Learn more about tailored training
What will I learn?
- Common beliefs about family violence
- The definition, impacts and prevalence of family violence
- How family violence impacts the workplace
- Asking about and responding to disclosures of violence in the workplace
- Addressing perpetrators in the workplace
- Workplaces and intervention orders
- Referring employees to help and support
- Developing a workplace safety plan
- Guidance with developing family violence clauses and policies for your workplace
Who is this training for?
If you believe in People and Culture. If you put the 'human' in Human Resources.
HR professionals, managers, workplace equal opportunity officers, and any other staff who have a leadership role to play in their workplace responding to family violence.
What past participants say
“I am better informed on how to manage, support and help staff who may face these issues.”
“Positive, informative and broad-thinking. I enjoyed the flexibility of topics and a good balance of information and participation.”
“A comprehensive workshop, not too confronting, but full of lots of useful information, resources and tools.”
$145 SHS funded worker; $365 Non SHS funded worker