Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Assault
Each year CASA House provides community and professional training for those interested in gaining skills and insight into working with people who have experienced sexual assault.
Participants in our workshops are generally from health, welfare, education, counselling and medical fields.
This workshop will assist those working with victim survivors who have not had the opportunity to access training previously. It is also suitable for students.
This interactive workshop draws on CASA House’s feminist and trauma-informed framework to support participants to:
- Define sexual violence, including comprehensive understanding of consent and free agreement
- Understand structural factors underpinning the prevalence of sexual assault and actively challenge common rape myths and victim-blaming
- Understand the impacts of sexual violence on victim survivors and explore trauma-informed frameworks for responding to sexual violence
- Respond effectively to disclosures of sexual violence by promoting victim survivor ‘Rights, Options & Control’.
- Explore the impacts of vicarious trauma and methods of resisting burnout via self and collective care
- Identify referral pathways for support & counselling
Queen Victoria Women's Centre 210 Lonsdale Street Melbourne
$170 per person (including GST)
$85 per (full time) student/concession (including GST)
Workshop number limited to 16 and attendance is through prior booking only.
CASA House is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all Victorians at this difficult time and as such we will adhere to all COVID requirements and current government advice. Our hope with these training sessions is that they will run in person, face to face from 10.00-4.30 with a lunch break OR alternatively as two online sessions, 10.00-12.00 and 2.00-4.30pm.
The decision about face to face or online will be in response to current government and Women’s hospital advice. We encourage you to keep your most up to date email and contacts with CASA House, in case of the need to shift to online delivery.
Call CASA House on 9635 3600 or email [email protected]